TENNESSEE, USA — Times are tough right now, and the uncertainty that comes with the COVID-19 pandemic is a heavy mental weight to carry.
That does not mean the good things have stopped. In fact, it gives all the more reason to celebrate them. Here are five Straight from the Heart moments from the past week.
1. A 9-year-old in Maryville started making masks to donate.
2. Care Cuts celebrated its fourth anniversary by bringing out a bagpiper and providing 300 free meals to the homeless in Downtown Knoxville.
3. East Tennessee showed its support for those on the frontlines of this pandemic: health care workers and grocery store employees.
4. A non-profit moved its music classes online to help kids keep some normality.
5. Dolly Parton started reading us bedtime stories.