ROCHESTER, N.Y. — Kodak says a new beer hitting the market can be used to develop its Super 8 movie film.
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery in Delaware created its SuperEIGHT beer after a conversation with people at Kodak, the upstate New York technology company most famous for its photographic roots.
Dogfish learned from Kodak that heightened levels of acidity and vitamin C in certain beers could make them a processing agent for film. That inspired the brewery to design such a beer. Kodak helped by testing it.
Dogfish founder Sam Calagione says he'll document his summer travels on Super 8 film that will be developed in SuperEIGHT beer and turned into a short film.
The beer, made with pear, mango, berries, kiwi, quinoa and salt, is set for national distribution next month.
- Study: that extra beer could shorten your lifespan by 15 minutes
- Craft beer week in Knoxville highlights growth of local brewery scene
- TGIF: Knoxville's beer & yoga scene will have you raising a glass and touching your toes
- Knoxville brews up its own craft beer boom
- How local farm ingredients are getting into your beer
- 10Brews: Beer for breastfeeding moms, healthier options, beer benefits
- 10Brews: Do I want a lager or an ale? Know your beer
- 10Brews: Find a brewery along the Knoxville Ale Trail