KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Something new is coming to the Old City in Downtown Knoxville.
The Marble City Market, a new food hall concept, is set to open in August in Regas Square. The 15,000 sq. ft. site will feature a lineup of 11 vendors, a 40-seat bar, indoor/outdoor seating for 500+ guests and two Top Golf Swing Suite Simulators.
The first food vendors were announced on Tuesday and include a little something for everyone.
- Fantail Fish & Frites: a local take on English "chippie" shops will feature "ultra-crispy" batter on fresh haddock, shrimp and more.
- Paysan Sandwich Shop will feature Po Boys, Meatball Subs, Rubens, Cubans and more on bagels or hoagie rolls.
- Penne For Your Thoughts is an Italian-American fusion concept offering cuisine composed of scratch-made ingredients and sauces in a fun family environment.
- Po’ Richards will sell crafted Cheesesteak and Po Boys.
- Seoul Brothers serves Korean fusion food, taking East Tennessee favorites and serving them up with a Korean flavor twist.
- Smash Knoxville will serve handcrafted classic and specialty smash burgers as well as buttermilk brined fried chicken sandwiches and house-cut fries.
- The Corner's Pizza will serve Detroit-style pizza--- cheesy, crispy edged square pies topped with love on a pillow-soft chewy crust.
- Frank & George's bar will feature cocktails on draught, bottled cocktails, punch bowls and seasonal drinks.l
The release also said Marble City Market will carry "the property’s rich, 100 year-long history forward as the premier place for fine food and drink in Knoxville."
“Since acquiring the Regas Square block in 2013, it has been our deliberate intention to build on the tradition of this location as ‘The Gathering Place,’” said Regas Property partner Tom Wolf. “We are excited to bring Marble City Market to Downtown Knoxville and offer our community a unique dining and entertainment experience unlike anything else in East Tennessee.”
Regas Property said Marble City Market will be the first dining establishment in Knoxville designed specifically for a post-COVID-19 environment, featuring enhanced ventilation, outdoor seating, and integrated online ordering and contactless pay systems.