We're now getting a first-hand look at a high-speed chase across Knoxville last month that was full of close calls and narrow misses for many drivers.

On January 29, a Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper pulled over a 2001 Honda Civic on West Towne Way for not wearing a seatbelt around 4:30 p.m.

In the video from the THP trooper's in-car camera, you can see the trooper approach the vehicle just as the driver, later identified as David Haynes Jr., 42, pulled back on the road and got onto I-40 at a high rate of speed.

The trooper pursued Haynes for about 20 minutes at speeds of over 100 mph at times at the beginning of rush hour.

The chase started on Interstate 40 westbound and then continued onto Cedar Bluff Road, east on Middlebrook Pike, then onto Weisgarber Road, where he crossed into upcoming traffic for a dangerous turn onto Papermill Road.

He drove onto I-40 eastbound where he acted like he was getting off at several exits before swerving back on the interstate. He eventually exited onto James White Parkway where he drove on the wrong side of the road. The driver eventually got back onto I-40 westbound, onto U.S. Highway 129/Sutherland Avenue and then back onto Middlebrook Pike, where he drove west in the eastbound lanes.

Throughout the chase, you can see the driver weaving into and out of traffic, and even between vehicles traveling in both lanes. He ran red lights, swerved onto the shoulder and median, and crossed several times into oncoming traffic.

You can see both Hayes and his passenger waving their hands out of the windows from time to time.

Other motorists with time to react stopped or pulled over to the side of the road, but only two vehicles were actually hit. No one was hurt.

The trooper eventually ended the pursuit shortly before 5 p.m. when the suspect veered into oncoming traffic on Middlebrook Pike near Ed Shouse Dr. due to the safety of other drivers.

KPD officers later found the vehicle at Summit Towers on Locust Street around 6:30 p.m.

KPD and THP officers take suspect David Haynes into custody after a high-speed chase that ended near downtown. Jan. 29, 2018.

THP said Haynes was found in one of the apartments, and was taken into custody without incident by KPD officers.

He is charged with felony evading, reckless driving, speeding and several other driving-related offenses, according to the THP report.

There are active warrants for Haynes' arrest in Knox and Union counties, according to THP, as well as the state of Virginia for felony larceny.

Haynes had a preliminary hearing on February 14 and his case was sent to grand jury. He is still in jail