KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — It's a big weekend for many graduating students in Knox County. Schools across the area will host commencement ceremonies, giving students a chance to walk across the stage and finally claim their diplomas.
The University of Tennessee will split its Spring 2022 undergraduate commencement ceremonies into different events for different colleges. They said all ceremonies will be held in Thompson-Boling Arena, and summer graduates could have a chance to walk across the stage.
They said ceremonies will last around 2 hours and professional photos will be taken by Big Orange Professional Photography during each ceremony. They also said there were no plans to require tickets for guests to enter. However, school officials also said they would contact graduates if those plans change.
All UT ceremonies will also be played live on the UT website. A schedule of when colleges will have their ceremonies is also available below.
- 8:30 a.m. — Graduate and Professional Hooding
- 12:30 p.m. — College of Education, Health and Human Sciences
- 4 p.m — Herbert College of Agriculture
- 7 p.m. — College of Social Work
- 8:30 a.m. — College of Arts and Sciences
- 12:30 p.m. — College of Law
- 4 p.m. — College of Communication and Information
- 7 p.m. — Tickle College of Engineering
- 12 p.m. — Haslam College of Business
- 4 p.m. — College of Architecture and Design
- 7 p.m. — College of Nursing
Knox County Schools will also host their Spring 2022 commencement ceremonies at high school campuses. The ceremonies will take place from May 19 through June 3, and a complete schedule for different schools is available online.
Seniors and their parents will be able to share their memories on social media using the "KCSGrads2022" hashtag. A list of valedictorians and salutatorians in Knox County Schools is also available online.