TENNESSEE, USA — When COVID-19 vaccine appointments become available, they go fast.
If you want to get on the vaccine list, here are some tips that may help you move just as fast.
Spanish Version: Consejos para conseguir una cita para vacuna del COVD-19
You need a fast and strong internet connection.
When making an appointment online, you will need WiFi.
Back in April, Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs extended public WiFi capabilities to parking lots at six senior centers.
Senior Centers that have public WiFi include:
- Carter Senior Center: 9040 Asheville Highway
- Corryton Senior Center: 9331 Davis Drive
- Halls Senior: 4405 Crippen Road
- Karns Senior Center: 8042 Oak Ridge Highway
- South Knoxville Senior Center: 6729 Martel Lane
- The service is also available at the West Knox County Senior Center (239 Jamestown Blvd., Suite 101) but only for the parking lot in the back of the facility.
You need to know where to go online:
- In Tennessee, go to COVID19.tn.gov.
- Click on "Vaccine Eligibility."
- There you will see a map of Tennessee.
- Click on your county and start filling out the survey.
If you're making an appointment for someone else, be sure to have their information readily available.
In order to complete the survey, you'll need to know their name, birthday and be able to describe what health conditions your loved one has if any.
Also, you will need a current email address and phone number to be contacted.