Fundraising efforts are underway for Komen Knoxville's 20th annual Race for the Cure.

The organization on Wednesday is celebrating its survivors and race chairs from the past two decades and will also look forward to the future, said Amy Dunaway, Susan G. Komen Knoxville's Executive Director.

It's been a big year for the group as they brought $7 million into the local community through grants, according to Dunaway.

She said 75 percent of net proceeds from Komen events stay locally and help funds free screenings and patient assistance to help those fighting breast cancer. The remaining 25 percent helps support research.

If you sign up on Wednesday, you can also save 20 percent. Use the code WBIR20 when registering.

LINK: Race for the Cure registration