A third person has died after a plane crash this weekend in Hamilton County.

Todd Silver was the pilot of the M20-E that crashed Saturday at the Collegedale Airport. He survived the crash, but has died of his injuries at a local hospital.

His mother and young son were killed when the plane went down. His young daughter, now the only survivor, is still hospitalized.


Collegedale police have released the names of those involved in a deadly plane crash Saturday.

In a release sent to WRCB, a Collegedale police spokesperson says the plane is registered to Todd Silver from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Silver was flying with his mother, Suzanne Silver, and his two children, a boy and girl when the crash happened.

Silver's mother and son were pronounced dead on the scene.

Silver and his daughter were flown to a local hospital where they were listed in critical condition as of Saturday.

Police say the investigation is ongoing.


Hamilton County officials say a plane crashed in Collegedale on Saturday afternoon.

It happened shortly before 1:00 p.m. at the Collegedale Airport.

According to the Graysville Fire Department, two people were killed and two more are in critical condition in Erlanger Hospital.

Collegedale police say the single-engine plane was landing when it crashed just off the runway.

With few answers, neighbors near the airport are turning to prayer.

"It's sad, it's tragic. And you can feel it. It's terrible," said Vounett Sanders, who lives just near the runway. "We hear planes take off all the time. Didn't really pay any attention. Heard a plane take off and it just.. immediately, you hear a loud crash, like maybe something ran into a tree, or a loud car back fired."

Sanders said she then saw two helicopters taking off from Erlanger Hospital.

"This thing went into a left bank and was probably 300 feet off the ground," he said. "It did probably 270 degrees and was still just barely above the trees when it started coming back toward my property. It looked like the guy tried to straighten it up and then he lost power, stalled and went into the ground nose first."

"It's like it just fell out of the sky," said the eyewitness, who stayed on scene until first responders arrived.

The airport remains closed, following the crash. It is expected to stay closed until a full investigation into what caused the crash can be completed.

Check back for more updates as information becomes available.