CLEARWATER, Fla. — A pontoon boat that a baby was delivered on unexpectedly on July 4 has been renamed after the newborn.
Freedom Boat Club renamed the boat "Aiden's Arrival" in honor of the special delivery.
Amber and John Easterday were on the boat in Old Tampa Bay when Amber went into labor. They called for help and made their way to shore.
Two Clearwater fire medics, Kenny Sweitzer and Tyler Whitfield, met the couple on a beach near the Courtney Campbell Causeway with just a few minutes to spare.
Aiden was delivered safely, and he and his mom were taken to the hospital where they were given a clean bill of health.
- Car of missing St. Petersburg woman, daughter seen in Tennessee
- Florida reports incorrect child COVID-19 rates amid debate over reopening schools
- Florida is in the cone of Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine
- State Attorney's Office: Man illegally detained Black teen on his way to basketball practice
- Did you get a weird seed packet in the mail? Don't open it: Here's what to do
- GOP unveils 'HEALS' Act with another round of $1,200 stimulus checks
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter