People staying at the Super 8 Motel in East Knox County woke up to the sound of a fire alarm Sunday morning.

A woman staying at the Strawberry Plains location says she flipped on the light switch in the bathroom, and the overhead fan started sparking eventually catching fire.

"I got woke up by a rooster at seven o'clock this morning, and I went and got coffee and food and come back and then I went in the bathroom, flipped on the light, and there's a fire," motel visitor Naomi Seebauer said.

The Rural Metro Fire Department says the flames did not spread to other rooms, and everyone made it out of the building okay.

Officials have not commented on whether the visitors will be compensated for the damages.