10:52 a.m.: Congratulations to Matthew Portfield who is the push wheelchair winner of the 2019 Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon!
10:42 a.m.: Check out some of the best moments from the finish line of the 2019 Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon.
10:34 a.m.: "It's been a tough year, I have had some medical issues and injuries to overcome. Our family sticks together. My husband has been my right-side man and I'm so thankful." 2019 female winner Gina Rouse speaks after winning her fourth Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon.
10:20 a.m.: Local West Knox resident Gina Rouse is the 2019 female winner after crossing the finish line in 2:50:19. That is her fastest time and she is the only woman to win the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon four times.
10:13 a.m.: Congratulations to all the runners participating, including everyone from Channel 10 who finished strong!
9:55 a.m.: We have a winner! Birhanu Dare crosses the finish line of the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon in 2:24:44.
9:29 a.m.: 10News Chief Meteorologist Todd Howell finished the half-marathon at 1:59:20. He achieved his goal of finishing in fewer than two hours with 40 seconds to spare.
9:08 a.m.: Birhanu Dare was leading the marathon with about a 5:10 pace at Mile 18. Bryan Morseman, who's won two Covenant Health Knoxville marathons in the past, was behind him but could not be seen from the pace car.
8:50 a.m: Jane Bareikis from Chicago won the women's half-marathon. It was her first time ever in Tennessee and just her second year running at all.
8:40 a.m: Kirigwi Harrison finished second in the men's half-marathon at 1:09:51.
8:39 a.m.: Abu Duriba finished first in the men's half-marathon at 1:09:20.
8:38 a.m.: 10News anchors Robin Wilhoit and John Becker were out cheering on runners on Noelton Hill.
8:34 a.m.: Abu Duriba was leading the men's half-marathon. Duriba registered at noon Saturday.
8:04 a.m.: Kirigwi Harrison (left) and Abu Duriba (right) were leading the men's half marathon.
8:04 a.m.: Cyclists moved through the Sequoyah Hills neighborhood.
7:30 a.m.: And they're off! Marathon runners started from World's Fair Park to the sound of "Rocky Top."
7:29 a.m.: Team #10Runs, including anchor Brandon Bates, producer Lauren Slome and reporters Cole Sullivan, Stephanie Haines and Marc Sullivan, was ready to go!
Before: Runners prepared for the marathon by going through security and stretching. Food trucks also are set up at on the park lawn for any spectators.
More stories on the marathon:
- "Streakers" run every Knoxville marathon ever had
- 2019 Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon team full of American Heroes
- Witty signs keep runners motivated for the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon
- T-rexes, sloths and cupcake calories: Sequoyah Hills preps marathon route with fun costumes and signs
- A 26.2-mile goal: Knox County kids run marathon one mile at a time
- Service & Sacrifice: Wounded Marine supports veterans and inspires after running 31 marathons in 31 days
- "My goal this time is to run without fear and without comparison": Woman with MS prepares for fifth marathon
- 80 pounds down! Runner trains for 5K with Keto diet