KNOX COUNTY, Tenn — The Summit Medical Group has announced that they will provide Regeneron monoclonal antibody treatment for COVID-19.
The treatment will now be available to primary care patients at Summit Medical Group physicians' offices in East Tennessee, as well as Summit Express clinics in Knoxville.
Spanish Version: Summit Medical Group ofrecerá tratamiento con anticuerpos monoclonales para COVID-19
Regeneron was granted Emergency Use Authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat mild-to-moderate cases of COVID-19.
Clinical trials indicate that most of the treatments work most effectively for non-hospitalized patients in the early stages of COVID-19, according to The Summit Medical Group.
Healthcare professionals currently administer the treatment through an IV.
The Summit Medical Group said the treatment may be available as a preventive measure for individuals who reside in the same household as someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Multiple different locations in East Tennessee offer a monoclonal antibody treatment:
- Blount Memorial Hospital
- Claiborne Primary Care
- ContinuumRx - Home Infusion
- Emory Family Practice
- Farragut Family Practice
- PharMerica Knoxville - only Long-Term, Post Acute Skilled Nursing, Senior, Independent, and Behavioral Care
- Roane County Family Physicians
- Rural Medical Services, Inc. at Newport Center
- Sayani Dinar Internal Medicine
- Scott County Hospital (Big South Fork Medical Center)
- Strawberry Plains Pike Family Practice
- Summit Medical Group - Sevierville, Jefferson City, Kingston, Norwood Family Medicine, South Knoxville, Fort Sanders, Wartburg, Campbell County, Oak Ridge, Tusculum Family Physicians Greeneville
- Sweetwater Hospital Association
- Tazewell Drug and Express Care
- Tennessee Center for Internal Medicine - Knoxville
- Tennova Healthcare - Jefferson Memorial Hospital, Newport Medical Center, North Knoxville Medical Center, Turkey Creek Medical Center
- Trinity Medical Associates
- University of Tennessee Medical Center
- UT Internal Medicine Hardin Valley
- Greeneville Community Hospital