KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — With the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon coming on Sunday, the WBIR staff wants to help you get in the long distance running groove.
Whether you're participating in the race or not, our song suggestions can tune up your next workout or inspire you to compete next year.
**Don't worry. We are straight from the heart here so there is no swearing in any of the songs.
You can find our full WBIR Staff Knoxville Marathon playlist on Spotify.
Here is a little sample of what you can find on this playlist:
- John Becker, anchor: "Right Hand Red" by Iggy Pop
- Chris Bieger, director of marketing: "Take a Picture" by Filter
- Lee Ann Bowman, producer: "Groove is in the Heart" by Deee-Lite
- Allison Duff, assistant news director: "Walken" by Wilco
- Sean Franklin, reporter: "Get Out My Way" by Tedashii and Lecrae
- Marc Sallinger, reporter: "Kings of Summer" by ayokay feat. Quinn XCII
- Elizabeth Sims, digital reporter: "Good Grief" by Bastille
- Madison Stacey, digital reporter: "Under Pressure" by Queen, David Bowie
- Cole Sullivan, reporter: "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" by The Backstreet Boys
- Amanda Waterous, account manager: "This is Me" from "The Greatest Showman"
- Steve Workman, marketing senior producer: "When You're a Tuesday Girl" by The Tuesdays