A few lingering showers are possible for the start of the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon.
The marathon starts at 7:30 a.m. and the latest models are showing spotty showers through around 8 a.m. on Sunday.
Temperatures will be in the middle 40s at the start of the race and will warm into the lower 50s by the afternoon.
We'll start Sunday with mostly cloudy skies but gradually see the clouds break up later in the day.
Winds will be out of the north at around 10-15 mph but could gust higher at times. This will give us wind chills in the lower 40s so if you are watching the race you may want to dress warmly!
Stay tuned for updates on the forecast!
- Need to Know: Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon this weekend
- Tune up your Knoxville Marathon experience with WBIR's staff playlist
- "My goal this time is to run without fear and without comparison": Woman with MS prepares for fifth marathon
- WBIR's Tom Barclay makes lifestyle change while training for marathon
- Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon water stations show off creativity
- Todd and Russell get ready to run with Knoxville Covenant Health
- This Morristown woman hitchhiked to marathon start line
- Course map released for 2019 Knoxville Marathon